Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, October 2, 2015

I miss it



I miss it there. 
I miss the feeling of being surrounded by great mountains and clear rivers. 
I miss the feeling of coziness, smallness and security. 
Of being forced to be resourceful. Of having my immediate family close by to me. Of our close bonds and all the time we had together. 
Of simpler days. Simpler ways. Simpler to-do lists. Simpler schedules.
I've been told it gets easier, but never goes away. This pining for the North. And I'm sure it will, but maybe that's what scares me. I'm scared it will be just a distant memory, when I can't help but feel that a piece of our hearts are still there. 
Don't get me wrong, I do like it here, but right now, I am missing that familiarity. The feeling of knowing where I am. 

*And just to clarify, I am speaking mostly of my missing the Yukon in general and Whitehorse specifically. In case anyone feels the need to remind me of how I felt when living in Beaver Creek. 




2 comments:

  1. Hahah nice disclaimer! I thought at first you were pining for the days pre-kids... ah, simpler times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly how you feel, I still pine for it today and for the feelings I had up there and the way of life we shared. It was more simple and more serene. I allow myself to miss it when I want to and to be thankful I experienced it. It shaped a lot of who I am and a lot of who my kids started to become and I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of those still up there loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!