Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

gratitude









You know a visit "home" has been good, when you have little photos to show for it.
Yes, I do love to bring my camera along to special visits, but sometimes even more,  I love to set it down and just take in the moments as they happen.
This Thanksgiving visit has been a special one, as in the back of my mind, I know we won't be coming back for quite a while. I am now 30 weeks pregnant and it is starting to hit home to me that baby will be coming along in about 10 weeks. Our due date is Dec 21st, and so this year, Christmas will be celebrated in our new home, in our new province, and hopefully with a new babe in our arms. So with all this in the back of my mind, I wanted to make sure that we would have a nice visit with our family and friends, and to enjoy my second favourite holiday (Christmas is first).
Thanksgiving memories in Ottawa included: coffee dates with girlfriends, walks in the woods with Amy, Henri and Ellie, trips to the park with cousins, two delicious turkey dinners, a beautiful walk at Mer Bleu Bog (forgot my camera of course!), seeing friends and their babies, a beautiful pumpkin lit evening walk through Upper Canada Village (with Amy and family), shopping at favourite stores, a dinner at the Nimans ... basically, lots of good quality time packed into 5 short days. And while this has all been lovely and special and memorable, this 30 week pregnant mama is ready to slow things down a bit, carve out time to rest and get ready for the babe.
Happy Thanksgiving dear friends! A time where we all collectively stop to give thanks for the blessings that we have. A time, where in our busy lives, we stop and take count of the relationships and joys that matter most to us. Could there be a more unifying, loving and peaceful  holiday out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!