Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 10, 2014

refocus











As everyone I'm sure faces, I have had a few rough days as of late. 
It hasn't been one big thing, but a number of little things, all piling up, and leaving me to feel ... well.. down, I guess. 
Without going into the nitty gritty, what it comes down to, is that I am searching for things that I simply cannot find here in this little community. There are things I just simply don't have here (a spiritual community, close friends ect). I am isolated right now, and with that come challenges and difficulties. The good news is that this is not forever, and soon, a new chapter will be unfolding for us. 
I don't want to dwell on the difficulties of this life, instead, I want to focus on how I want to be as a person. Focus on what is important to me. Focus on how to be better. Focus on peace and balance.
Right now I am looking for happiness, and it's through the little choices I make, that I will find that happiness. I may have unfulfilled desires at the moment, but I also have many blessings... the blessings far outweigh the desires. 
And so, to find happiness, we do little things, like go out for a family walk in the snow, hook Ryder up to the sled and have him pull the kids, or just be together and cozy up for the winter. Already, just by writing this, I feel a sense of peace... my family brings me so much peace. 
I'm going to focus on what I can do to make myself feel happier and at peace  and also, I'm going to challenge myself to speak and do more peaceful and kind acts. It's starts with ourselves, doesn't it?
xox


8 comments:

  1. This is another reason why we all need to take the time to appreciate our soldiers and officers who serve our country. Not only do they risk their lives, they are posted often far from their home base and supports. I do hope your next post is to a far busier place. Focusing on your kids is a good wayto get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chania,
      Thank you so so so much for these words. I teared up a bit. You have always been so supportive to me (us) as a service family. It truly means so much to me. Thank you for these words. xox

      Delete
  2. when i was about your age and had only one baby, i sat down in the vegetable aisle of the grocery store in canada and cried. (i don't cry often). i was so lonely and far from home and had no friends and my husband traveled all the time. hang in there, it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaz! xoxox It's nice to hear when people have "been there" and "get it" xox

      Delete
  3. Keep on focusing on the positive! :)

    And get out your SAD lamp, get in the vitamins, and keep on getting outside. This time of year is always tough.

    I love acts of kindness. That is a big focus in our family too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling very much the same way lately and I'm not sure how to get out of the funk but I am trying desperately.

    Also, these photos are beautiful. I wish we had seasons here. I think the monotony and the lack of sun are getting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are doing good at focusing on the positive - the wonders of nature (even if it is snow before Thanksgiving!), a dog to make you laugh, and kids to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate to everything you wrote. I have felt a lot of these things myself lately. My DH is going on a five week course in January so it will be just the kiddos and me in our IP :(

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!