Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

7 years strong









Happy 7th anniversary to us!
It's been 7 wonderful years of marriage for us, and still, everyday, I find myself amazed that I get to go through life with Winslow at my side.
University, dating, first jobs, RCMP life. Our first apartment, our first house, our second house, our force house. Babies, toddlers, preschoolers and a dog! Trips to the East Coast, trips to the West Coast, trips to Alaska and Hawaii. So much has happened, so much has changed, so much continues to change.
It's not always glamourous. Some days it is work. But when all things are considered, I'd say that we are very blessed and truly happy. It doesn't get much better than this.
I'm not sure where the next 7 years will take us, but I know that I want to keep on this journey with my husband.
For our anniversary, there was no fancy dinner out at a restaurant. No. It was so much better than that.
Our good friends came over to  watch the kids, and we went to a nearby campground, where we had a picnic in a picnic shelter (it was raining). To make it cozy, we lit a fire in the wood stove.
Lobster rolls, french fries, pasta salad and a yummy chocolate dessert ... and time together, just us.
xox


3 comments:

  1. Lobster rolls! No way!
    Happy anniversary, you guys are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary and many more with lots of adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!