Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 2, 2013

welcome november













I'm in need of simplifying. In a big way.
I've been thinking about this, and I've finally found the inspiration that I think I've been looking for. Before all the excitement of Christmas comes, the making, the gifting, the baking, the celebrating, I want to slow things down and try my best to simply our life, our home, our days.
Lately, the clutter, and messes, and piles of laundry/paper/dishes have been taking over. I've been finding it hard to get meals on the table in a peaceful manner (why do the kids always fight when I am up to my arms in making dinner?) I feel that we have way too many (junky) toys lying around- a cull is in order. When my home and day to day life is messy, I just feel a sense of chaos.
For the month of November, I am going to work on simplifying our home, and life more importantly. A purge of all the extra clothes and toys, and a focus on what I need to do to make our days run a little more smoothly. Less stuff and clutter, more outdoor time and walks, more organizing of our meals. I like the idea of a clean slate before we usher in all the excess of the holidays (because even if I strive for a less is more approach to the holidays, there is still always so much extra).
Happy to have a fresh month in front of me, where I can start our new.
xox


Some pictures from our walk today. Noah took his little point and shoot along, I'll post his pictures next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I can just imagine the clutter that can build up with two children! We have too much clutter right now, and there's only us two adults! xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!