Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, June 20, 2013

farewell for now Whitehorse











 Happy Papa's Day to the man that we are so lucky to call Daddy!



It's our last night in the house. I'm sitting in Noah's room as it is all packed up and I'm feeling a range of emotions. I'm feeling sad to be leaving our home, our town, our friends, our life here. After our summer vacation, when we come back to the Yukon, we will be officially living in Beaver Creek. It's hard to imagine that Whitehorse won't be "home" for us anymore, although I will always feel at home here.
Then there is some excitement. In just days, the kids and I will be flying back to Ottawa for the first time in a year to see family and friends and attend some very important weddings. I'm feeling excited to go home to Ottawa, yet sad that I will be away from Winslow and our new home for such a long period of time ( 7 weeks ). It's bittersweet, because all of the fun things that I want to do in my mind should include Winslow, but they won't. Tonight I tried to tell Noah that we wouldn't see Daddy for a very long time when we go to Ottawa, and then he said, "but he will still be my Daddy right?" Break my heart! Speaking of Daddies....
Last weekend I insisted that we take Sunday (Father's Day) to do family things only. Despite the fact that we had a long to-do list for getting ready for the move, I knew that it was important for us to spend that time together and I'm so glad that we did. It was just what we needed. A day to reconnect and make happy memories at one of my most favourite places in the world, Bennet Lake Beach (Carcross, Yukon). I will leave with pictures to tell you the story of Father's Day. It included a picnic lunch, wading in the chilly Yukon water, icecream and chai lattes at the General Store and Caribou Coffee Shop and lots and smiles. I'm really going to miss Winslow while we are away. I really do love that guy... best husband and dad ever.
Hope you are enjoying your summer days. Summer Solstice is tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a picture of what our midnight sun looks like.
 xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!