Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, May 2, 2013

random Thursday rambles





  if you look to the side of Katia, you can see just how much snow there still is in some parts



 squelch squelch in the mud



 Random rambles. Because that's how my mind is feeling these days.

You know you live in the Yukon (or North) when...
:: it's snows on May 1st. Like a little blizzard snow, not a few flakes.
:: a fox runs through your back yard
:: you have to explain  to your child that even though it looks like daytime outside, it is infact 9pm and way past your bedtime. GO TO SLEEP!

Things feel as though they are moving onwards and upwards around here. Last month was for some reason, incredibly hard for me. My mood was down (for many different reasons) and I couldn't get out of my slump. Usually when I get into these moods, I can rely on the fact that it will only last for a few days, this was different and difficult. I'm happy to say that for some reason though, I am feeling better. Not 100%, but better.
Things still are a bit challenging though. I'm feeling a big lack of motivation in all areas of my life. I think it has to do with the fact that we are moving. I feel like I shouldn't commit myself to too many people, things, endevours. We don't have an official moving date yet, but I think it will be towards the end of June-early July, just when I will be away in Ontario. This may be a good thing, that we (the kids and I) don't actually have to see the movers pack up our stuff. I still can't tell you how worried and stressed I am about how Noah will handle this all. Many people have told me that he will be fine, that little kids are resilient, and that all he needs is his family. I know this is all true. But I still worry. I worry about him leaving his friends, leaving his home, what he knows and loves. I worry that we will not have enough for him to do there. I think I will be in this state until we get there and get settled. Till we find our Beaver Creek rhythm.
Speaking of rhythm, I am in serious need of finding time for myself and for being more productive when I am with the kids. Today I was talking about this with a friend and she reminded me that there will always be an ebb and flow to our parenting. Some of the time things will go well, other times it won't. I need to remind myself and be more accepting of this. Still, I am feeling unbalanced these days but I am trying and that's all I can do, right?
I'm going to sign off with a happy list. Keep on the sunny side right? Even if there hasn't been a sunny day in weeks here? Oh sigh

:: loving this list to help strengthen connections with your child
:: loving a pre-dinner walk/visit with the neighbourhood cat, Fluffy
:: loving little yellow rainboots on Katia
:: looking forward to doing some summer sewing for Katia. Skirts, dresses, shirts.
:: thinking of taking up knitting once I get to Beaver Creek. My friend Leanne really good at it and I think it would be good for me to have another hobby once we get settled there.
:: day dreaming of Ottawa in the summer. Family, friends, the market place, gelato, bubble tea, dresses and skirts (we barely get to wear them here), road trips, lakes, swimming, second hand shopping ... weeeeee :)
:: making plans for a art/craft sale next Christmas. This is the one we did nearly 3 years ago, it's about time we did another one.
That's all for now. Off  to have a cup of tea. It's that kind of day.
xox




1 comment:

  1. Knitting is my sanity saver, it's portable and allows me to sit with my kids (while playing a game or puzzle, park visits etc.) when I normally couldn't sit still....my mind always wanders to what I 'should' be doing so having something in my hands to do is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!