Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 15, 2013

a frozen lake, hanging with the family, and my job/role/career (however you label it)





yes, my son is a bit of a crazy kid. and yes, that is a swim diaper on his head. oh dear!
















The days have been so busy. They sneak into one another. Wake ups, breakfasts, play time, dressing up, play dates, lunches, snacks, naps, dinners....it's busy but a very nice kind of busy. I am reminded often when I look at these two, just how blessed I am to be able to spend my days with them. It is a gift.
Someone asked me recently how I will manage to keep up with my photography business when we move away. This is a hard one to answer, because sadly, I won't be able to commit myself quite the same way that I did in the past. But the good news for me is that, photography was and still is going to be a passion of mine. I never set up for it to be a full time career. My first priority has always been to my family and I am happy to keep it that way. For me right now, my most important job is to be at home. I made that decision (popular or not with the majority), because I want to be the one that is there to play with the kids, teach them new things, watch them grow, and make them healthy meals. ....... side ramble ......* Notice I didn't say clean? How on earth did I land the most amazing husband who cleans (and does it well?). Thank you to my mother and father in law who taught him those skills. I suppose I have to pass it on to Noah now right?
Anyways, back to where I was. Like I said, right now, while the kids are so young, I am actually quite happy to be moving to our community. This will be an opportunity like no other, to teach them about the great outdoors and how to be resourceful. It's a short time in their (and our) lives and I will always have the passion to do photography. But for now it will be on the backburner (just a bit).
This past weekend was one for family time and adventures. We strayed from our normal routines and did things a bit differently. We splurged and went out for a delicious dinner on Friday night (just the four of us) and it was so good (probably because we hardly ever go out to eat). And on Saturday morning, once again we treated ourselves to a breakfast at a restaurant and then for a drive out to see some swans that are migrating North for the summer. While we didn't see any swans up close (they are far out on the open water), we did get out for a walk on the frozen lake and enjoyed being together in the great outdoors. Then that afternoon, Noah and I snuck out to do some errands, visit Sunny in the hospital and go to the park. Dinner on Saturday night was fajitas!
Sunday morning I had a maternity photo session here at the house and the rest of the day was spent doing errands together. Again, it was so nice just to be together. Oh and dinner (if you must know) was chicken pesto fettuccine with asparagus. Yum!
So that is all around here. Just a bunch of little bits that make up a whole lot.
I am now off to watch Downton Abbey. Thank you Sarah for turning me onto it. I'm not much of a tv person, but this I am enjoying.
And how are you?
xox


3 comments:

  1. I can't can't can't wait to see you in Ottawa!! And I'll let you in on a secret: I want to be a stay at home mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, being a SAHM is really special (if you are able to swing it). I know not everyone can afford to do so, but we make it work and I feel so blessed to be able to be with them.
      It can be hard, that's for sure. It's not glamorous and the days can feel long, but it is such a short time in their lives (their early years)...there will be time for "me" and my career some day .

      Delete
  2. Johanna, the love and dedication you have for your family is beautiful admirable! Every post is drenched in your enthusiasm for being Noah and Katia's mom. It's so inspiring.

    I have watched your photography career take off and seen how happy it has made you and your clients, so at first when I heard about the big move to a remote area, I thought, it's a bit unfair that you have to give up such a big source of joy. But now I when you are writing this, of course I completely understand. Children absolutely come first and are the biggest source of joy imaginable! And as you mentioned, this time won't last forever...it is incredibly precious and will be over before you know it. So much sharing, learning, growing, and loving to be packed into the next years.

    I am really looking forward to seeing your new home, and to being inspired by your innovation and all the amazing ideas you have for entertaining your little ones in cold weather climates and remote areas.

    You are awesome!

    Love you.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!