Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 18, 2013

for noah and katia - 20 random facts about me



I've been wanting to write up some posts that are specifically for my kids to read someday when they are older, as a way of getting to know me better. Over the past few years, my father has been writing some stories/ memoirs from his childhood and his younger days, and I have found them to be very interesting. After finding this list, I thought it might be nice to do something similar. Here we go!

20 random facts about me

  1. The ocean is my "happy place". The Atlantic Ocean is my ocean of choice.
  2. I was a vegetarian for a long time in my 20s. I didn't get enough b12, even though I tried to be healthy and eat right. When I met your daddy, he converted me to being a meat eater once again.
  3. My favourite animal is a whale. It always has been since I was a little girl. The fascinate me and I think they are beautiful. All species of  whales. 
  4. My favourite season of the year is Autumn. The golden warm colours, the smell of crisp wet leaves, cozying up in big sweaters and scarves. My absolute favourite time of year is Autumn.
  5. I love road trips. I love the feeling of getting in a car and taking off on a adventure. 
  6. I love sweets. Chocolate, cup cakes, ice cream. It's a bad thing. 
  7. Once when I was in art school, I made a fort out of a ton of card board boxes (hey, the materials were cheap) for my sculpture class. It was fun!
  8. When I was a little girl, I had a really hard time with mathematics. Okay, I still have a really hard time with it. I hope you guys won't have the same difficulties.
  9. When I was a little girl, I excelled in the Arts. Visual Arts, Drama, English. I loved those subjects.
  10. I love a good dance party. Music makes my mood. Sometimes all you need is some Bob Marley, or some good oldies to get you out of a funk. I also love some good chick music (Emm Gryner is my absolute favourite). 
  11. I love the trill of 2nd hand shopping (for treasures). I love vintage toys, art, collectables. It would be a real problem if we lived somewhere where I had access to 2nd hand shops all the time. I would become a hoarder, no kidding. So it's best I stay away. 
  12. I lived with my best friend (Amy) in Montreal for 2 years when I was in my early 20s. It was so fun and we lived in this tiny little ghetto apartment in a neighbourhood called St. Henri. My bedroom had a window in it that looked out into the living room. It think we payed $425 or something ridiculous like that for rent. It was such a fun time. 
  13. If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to: Newfoundland, Norway, Japan, and Italy.
  14. I went to Italy for nearly a month when I was 13. I sang with the Ottawa Children's Choir, and we sang in the Duomo in Florence and in Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome. It was pretty amazing and I still remember it.
  15. My favourite colour is turquoise (and any colour similar to it- teal, aqua, ect)
  16. I love happy-go-lucky chick flick movies. I'm not one for scary movies and can't sleep very well if I watch one. Some favourites: You've Got Mail, It's Complicated, The Holiday, Love Actually, Breakfast at Tiffany's. 
  17. My favourite flower is a sunflower. So happy and cheerful and big!
  18. I drink at least 2 cups of coffee every day. Sugar and cream please. 
  19. My idea of comfort food is a roast chicken dinner. Mashed potatoes, dressing (stuffing), gravy, crisp green beans, and why not end it off with an apple pie. 
  20. When I was a little girl, my daddy (who is a big science buff) used to tell me all about space and stars and ever since, I have been just fascinated with space. I love how mind blowing the concepts of distance, time, the past and the future are all tied up in space. I love how "little" it makes me feel when I think about something so complex. 
And there we have it. 20 facts about moi! I love you so so so much Noah and Katia. 
Until the next time!
xox

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun to read, and it's a wonderful idea.
    I like you. :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun, anytime you want a tour guide of Newfoundland let me know...my heart will always be on the Island

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!