Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, October 21, 2012

this weekend was made of ...














This weekend I made a conscious effort not  to overload ourselves with too many commitments. We had been invited to parties, I had been invited to an evening out, but in the end, I decided only to accept invitations that would be enjoyable for all of us.
This coming week is going to be a very busy one with photo sessions, a marathon photo shoot on Sat, drop offs to Noah's preschool.... I just knew that we needed to take it slow this weekend. I am a social girl by heart and love to surround myself with friends, but lately I've been working at slowing down and doing less. In this case, less is more, and it really rings true for me.

:: This weekend was about ...
~ walks to our friend's house
~ painting up a storm with our water colours and oil pastels
~ watching movies
~ eating popcorn
~ eating guacamole with red pepper wheat crackers
~ organizing toys
~ tidying up the house
~ making calls to friends and family back home
~ seeing an old favourite pair of pyjamas (that used to be Noah's) get a second chance at life on Katia
~ celebrating a certain someone's birthday ... love that girl!

I'm starting to like this new found slower pace. Winter is on it's way, if it isn't here already, and it's a time of year where we move inwards. Home is where the heart is and I am taking that sentiment to heart.

Have a lovely week dear friends.
xox

1 comment:

Oh goody....I love comments!