Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 9, 2012

snap happy





Nika, my neighbour's dog


silly Nika





isn't my neighbourhood colourful?



examining a little hole dug by a small animal


Yesterday I made a promise to myself that I would get outside for some time in the woods. We've had snow for the last two days and the whole town is just blanketed in the most beautiful thick snow, it's just beautiful. 
I told myself that I would get outside for a walk and some time with my camera and that is exactly what I did. Just me, my thoughts, Katia in her ergo and my camera by my side. We walked up the big toboggan hill just down from our street and went up into the forrest. Everywhere I looked I saw a beautiful scene that inspired me. Click click click went my camera and it made my heart so happy. 
Last summer was a busy one for me. I think I might have done something like 30 photo sessions and while I loved every single one, it left me very little time and energy to take photos for myself. I first started taking photos as a way to document our day to day life, and that still remains my favourite way to take photos. Today I made time and made it my priority to get out and take photos just for the fun of it. I think I need to do that more often.
I'm off for now. These days have been so busy lately, life is full. Happy weekend friends!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Your neighbourhood is so colourful! Especially against the crisp, white snow. Just lovely.

    Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!