Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the waiting game








Hello there!
I've been on "bed rest" for about a week now and am starting to get a bit tired of it. I went to the Dr. this week and he said he'd like me to continue on it for a bit longer, so that the lil one can grow bigger and stronger and not come out too early. And while that all makes perfect sense to me and I don't want a premature baby, I just have to say that I really and truly feel that we (the baby and I) are fine and that labour isn't immanent. But alas, I will air on the side of caution and continue to take it easy. Well, as easy as one can take it when they have a 2 year old running the house. Thank goodness for visits from friends is all I can say!
So to keep myself busy I've been doing a few little things such as hand crafting and letter writing (Christmas cards to be exact) and photo editing in my spare time. If our little Miss does decide to come early I want all my cards to be ready to be mailed out and all my client's photos to be done so that I don't have to worry about them after the birth.
In terms of hand crafting I've been working on a few Christmas tree ornaments, some pins and a little finger puppet for Noah's stocking. I plan on making a few more little finger puppets and want to sew a little bag for them to go into. I'm so thankful to have something to keep my hands busy!
And other than that, I've been spending WAY too much time online and watching TV. I feel like a sloth, a yucky old, lazy old sloth! Today I think, (with help from my friend Leanne) I will take a short easy stroll through the woods behind my house. I need some fresh air and a change of scenery and I need to stretch my legs!
And that's about it from here. How about you? Are you all ready for Halloween? We are as ready as we will get, minus carving the frozen pumpkins that are sitting on our front porch. To be very honest with you, if it weren't for my little guy, I don't think I'd be doing much for Halloween at all. When it's below zero outside with snow on the ground and it get's dark so early, I just want to skip ahead to Christmas and say farewell to autumn. But for my little guy's sake, we'll put on a happy face, dress up, hand out candy and then go trick'or'treating at our neighbour's homes. Just for him :O)
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods
xox

ps. hope you don't mind the weird juxtaposition of Halloween and Christmasy pictures. If you look at the picture with the pumpkins you can see that yes, there really is snow outside.

2 comments:

  1. My boys are super excited about Halloween, but I'm kind of ready to skip ahead to Christmas myself. I want to put on the Christmas music so bad! And after I ordered my Christmas cards on Etsy the other night, I was so tempted to listen to a bit of Bing Crosby, believe me...

    I love your pumpkins and the little silver lantern. I have the exact one!

    Stay warm and cozy up there, Miss Jo. Do you need me to send some Murchies hot chocolate? Just say the word!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuummmm!!!! Hot chocolate???/ I wouldn't say no to that :O)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!