Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

i left my heart in P.E.I.


2008, Winslow and I one year into our marriage when we were young and just the two of us


Prince Edward Island. The gentle island. Anne's island. The island of red cliffs, green green grass, little fishing villages, winding roads, cottages and farms by the sea and beautiful blue ocean. This is the place that I love most and where my mind often takes me when I need to escape. It is my happy place that I go to time and time again in my mind. It's quiet and beautiful and slow.
It's been 3 years since we've been back to P.E.I. and every summer that has passed, I have missed it oh so much. I'm not sure if it is healthy to miss a place so much, but I truly feel that my heart belongs in P.E.I. and someday I hope that we will move there.
This coming September Winslow, Noah, my in-laws and I will be driving the 14hrs drive from Ottawa to P.E.I. and will set up our tents along the shores of Cavendish National Park. We will be there for just a week, but I plan on savouring each and every second that we are there.
On top of the Duyan side of the family being there, my sister Sarah and my nephew Bowan will be there, as well as my 89 year old grandmother, my aunts and of course my mom and her family that already live there (lucky ducks!). A special occasion will be taking place while we are on the island, my step sister Rhonda will be getting married to her fiancee Dave. A family reunion, a wedding and a week on the gentle island, I truly can't wait.
It maybe a little over a month away and I'm trying to enjoy the Yukon summer as much as I can, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that my mind is a little preoccupied with thoughts of Noah running up and down the beach, of us digging into lunches of french fries and lobster rolls and of me sneaking off for afternoons with my sisters, aunts, grandmother and mom to go look in shops and have tea.
And how about you friends? Where is your happy place?
xox
ps. these pictures were taken on our last trip there in 2008. I can't wait to take new pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I met Winslow in Ottawa in 1991 when we were in the same cabin at St. Brigid's camp. Thirty years later, I was just chatting with my wife about him and wondered what happened to him. A random Google search led me to this blog. Although this is ten years too late, and things could be very different now, I'm glad to see that he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!