It seems that the latest struggle in my day to day life is finding the time to get things done. With mouths to feed, a new house to organize, friends to stay in touch with and a very busy little toddler, I find that I am staying up until the wee hours just catching up on everything. If you were to have a glance into my home it wouldn't be uncommon to find me up late at night at my computer editing photos, corresponding with a far away friend or perhaps if I'm lucky, blogging.
It seems as though I used to have all the time in the world for myself and my hobbies but as I wrote about it before, once my son could understand that my computer time was taking away from "our time", I started to reevaluate how I spend my time in front of the screen. I don't want him to ever think that time on the computer is more important than him. Really, it's an easy decision when I think about it, Facebook or playtime with Noah. Obviously I'm going to choose the later.
It doesn't mean that I don't love my time for myself at the computer. Oh how I love it. The escape, the inspiration, the stories and friendships I have made. It's a world all of it's own and I get to step in from time to time and I like that. I just get it less often and when I do, I really appreciate it.
So here is a little update of what is going on these days in my life. What is on my mind these days....
- today is Election day in Canada. I'm nervous and saddened by the almost obvious results that we will see tonight. Another Conservative government. A government that doesn't seem to care about those that aren't rich. A government that puts the environment LAST in it's priorities. A government that will spend billions on fighter jets. A government that lies to the people of Canada and that was found in contempt of government. I am hoping for a miracle but I won't hold my breath.
- I know of an individual who won't go out to vote. Right now, as we speak, people in Libya and all over the Middle East are dying in the name of democracy. They are protesting and being persecuted because they don't have the right to choose their government. It's sad that someone wouldn't care enough to walk down to their local polling station and choose the candidate that most closely reflects their beliefs.
- On a brighter note, we are getting so much light now! Check out the photo above. It was taken at 11pm a few days ago!
- Our new home is so so wonderful! We love the space that we have and Noah just loves having his own bedroom.
- Noah and I have been spending so much time lately at the park and in the great outdoors. Summer is just around the corner and Whitehorse is waking up from it's sleepy 8 months of winter. There are so many people out now enjoying the sun and hanging out on Main Street and at the parks.
- I am getting excited for upcoming adventures. Trips to Alaska, picnics at lakes, a visit with my dad and stepmom and a trip to Rainbow Lake cabin. I'm ready to get out there and go!