Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 9, 2011

sunny days





Sunny days make everything better. Suddenly, our trips to the park are longer, we seem to smile more and want to stay outside as long as we can. The birds are returning, robins hop along the dry grass. Crocuses are the first flowers to appear, so bright and such pleasant surprises. Spring is here and everyone seems to be a bit more happy for it.
It is our last weekend here in Ottawa. Many people to visit, many people to hug and say goodbye to. It's bittersweet but I am happy to be returning to my sweet husband, who I have missed very much while being away.
Before I run off to do all my last minute errands, I must list all the things that I am thankful for this weekend. My little way of counting my blessings.

Today I am thankful for...

~sunshiny days ~ playdates at the park with a certain baby bear ~ lunch dates with a girlfriend ~ time spent with family ~ watching Noah master the slide (no ice here to slip on!) ~ a pizza party with the whole family ~ watching the cousins play together ~ walks through the market ~ guitar players in the market ~ sipping tea on my dad and stepmom's back porch ~ a birthday party for a special 7 year old, a boy we are all very proud of ~

There's nothing like a trip "home" away from "home", to make me realize that my heart is full of love for both my family and friends here and back in Whitehorse. It's a blessing to know that I am full and rich with all these special relationships that I have in my life.

Happy weekend dear friends. I'll see you again when I am back in Whitehorse.
xox

1 comment:

Oh goody....I love comments!