Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 14, 2011

feb 14th i love






Today I am loving Valentine's Day.
Here are a few pictures from our very special Valentine's party that took place yesterday. It was a simple and sweet party that seemed to work out perfectly. A craft, a mix of healthy and sugary treats, the most adorable little ones romping and rolling around, Valentine cards, coffee for the parents and lots and lots of cut out hearts decorating the place. It was so sweet to see all the happy little kiddos playing with one another and it felt like the perfect amount fun for everyone. Stay tuned for a post on how to organize an age appropriate toddler party. I've been thinking about doing this for a while.
And then for today, I woke up in the morning to some beautiful roses from my hubby, a sweet card and we had a delicious breakfast of thin pancakes with maple syrup, berries, sausages, bacon and orange juice. We gave Noah a little stuffed monkey just for him and he seemed to love it.
I then went off to my church to help deliver singing telegrams, which in all truth I was not looking forward to. I was worried about making a fool of myself, going up to people I don't know and singing for them, but I talked myself into it saying it would be so bad.
It was actually a lot fun going into office buildings and schools, belting our hearts out for unexpecting people. Not to mention we got hugs, tears and lots of blushing from the recipients. In the end, my minister and I got in a groove and we rocked it.
This afternoon Winslow, Noah and I are cuddling on our couch, watching a movie because baby it's coooold outside. Snuggles and hot tea and books and blogging. Hello Valentine's Day, I think I love you.
Tonight my hubby has planned a special night for us, a special night that even includes a babysitter! I'm looking forward to our special date, it's been a while since we've had a night just to ourselves.
So happy Valentine's Day dearest of dears. Whether you are celebrating with your sweetheart, your little sweethearts, your very best friends or a cuddly animal I hope that you feel the love of Valentine's Day.
xox


7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, all those kiddies! SO CUTE! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful evening out. Lots of press for the Yukon this past weekend with the Hockey Day in Canada. They were talking ion CBC about a bar (jimmy's I think) that just closed and was a legend. The reporter claimed it is changing with Starbucks and Sushi joints there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahah Singing to people? What a hoot!!

    Sounds like you are having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, snuggled inside on a cold day with hot tea and books and blogging... sounds like my idea of heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like an awesome day and I am so sad I missed your singing today in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what wonderful sweeties and sweets... looks like a fun party! Hope you are having fun on your Valentine's Day date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!