These past few days have been a bit of a lesson in patience for me. When all I wanted was to continue on with my plans for visits with friends and a Valentine's party for Noah, all it took was toddler with a nasty cold to bring all those plans to a halt. On top of that, I have been dealing with really painful sciatica. Like hobble over and limping around kind of pain. Not fun.
So instead of celebrating and running around and eating sugar cookies and making crafts, we have traded it all in for a quiet slow day. Cuddles on the couch, tissues strewn everywhere, more t.v. than usual and homemade chicken soup for dinner.
It's been a quiet day and the focus is on getting better. Tomorrow may bring a party (we hope) but for now we are just taking it easy.
But just because we may not be feeling well, there are still plenty of lovely simple things to take notice of and so today I am loving...
- finding a ripe avocado in the supermarket (a rarity up North)
- having all the ingredients on hand to make guacamole
- going for a nice long walk on a trail with my girlfriends
- taking LUSH baths...oh so luxurious
- using an old family recipe to make Valentine sugar cookies
- making Valentine crafts like this muffin paper garland that I made