Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 6, 2010

autumn is upon us


Back home (yes I still refer to Ontario as home), it is hot and summery. In fact just a few days ago in Ottawa it was plus 40 degrees with tons of humidity but that is certainly not the case here in the Yukon.
On Friday Wins and I decided to go for a little road trip down the road (1.5 hrs) to beautiful Haines Junction, Yukon. The weather was rainy and not the best for getting out and walking about, but still we went for a nice drive and explored just a little bit in Kluane National Park, a magnificent National Park that I hope we get to return to some day.
Despite the mountains being covered by cloud, we still managed to see some beautiful fall colours and take in the sights that were around us. And as you can see from the pictures, yes, fall is definitely in full swing here in the Yukon. As with any change of season, I tend to get excited for the newness and fresh start that comes along with it, but autumn, well autumn is just different for me.
For me, the coming of autumn symbolizes a shift within me. I feel myself slowdown and seek comfort over adventure. I give myself permission to stay in more often and do more indoor things like paint and sew. Hot drinks and warms soups become a staple, warm sweaters and wooly socks are worn. Autumn is about being cozy, making my home suitable for the coming winter months, seeking warmth and most importantly slowing down after a busy summer of wonderful adventures.
As I write this, it is 8:30 in the evening and the fog is rolling in over the mountains behind our house. It seems as though the days are getting shorter each day and in turn the nights are getting longer. I think more than ever I am ready for this change in season. After what can only be called a very crazy summer, I just want to take it easy and start settling in.


3 comments:

  1. You changed your blog banner...I {heart} it! Wasn't HJ gorgeous?!?!?!? That is where we are considering. But it is highly sought after. For obvious reasons, right? We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great new banner. not to worry good old ontario pulled herself together and has dropped the temperature to 16. what was she thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog banner is making my HUNGRY!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!