Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the tuesday diptych project week 30


Johanna (left):
This week I am reflecting on my feelings about being up here in the Yukon. Maybe it's that we have come up to our one month here or maybe it's because I have been talking to my friends and family back in Ontario, but I think I'm feeling a bit homesick right now. Sometimes I catch myself and it hits me...I am really really far from home. I know that this is all normal, but right now my trip back to Ottawa in December feels like a really long time away.

Desiree (right): I really enjoy my morning routine. It's not always exactly the same, but it usually consists of slowly waking & nursing Gretchen in bed, then we move downstairs & I put the kettle on. I'll start to make oatmeal while Gretchen snuggles on the couch with some toys or a book, and sometimes I'll put on an episode of a favourite show to watch while we nurse together a little more & enjoy some morning cuddles. Then the water will boil and I'll make tea, the oatmeal will be ready and we'll share a bowl together, with a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar and a splash of almond milk. I like our mornings to be peaceful and quiet, slow and warm. There's nothing less appealing than rushing around in the morning & so we take our time.

4 comments:

  1. I've never told you so before, but I love Tuesday diptychs here :) I specifically love how perfectly well your photos fit together. Like two little jigsaw puzzle pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being away from all that is familiar is hard. But I think it is a step that really turns a person into an independent adult. I know, we have been adults for a long time, but really being on your own is so life changing. And it is a time to start your own traditions with a focus on your small family unit. Embrace it fully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. Initially I felt the same when I moved a long way from home for several years, when I was single. Many tears and lots of long distance 'phone calls. It takes a little while to get to know people, but once you make friends and become involved with some groups, it won't be as difficult.
    Thinking of you and sending a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much dear friends! It means so much, your care and support! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!