As you may have read in my previous post, yesterday was a bit of a stresser for me. Put one very energetic lil guy and one over tired mama together and you get, well, you get a not so amazing day. But luckily bedtime came early, that's what happens when naps aren't taken in the day....yes it was a "no nap" kind of day. But all this is beside the point of this post.
So as I was saying, I was feeling stressed yesterday and needed for us to get out of the house. I kept an eye on the stormy clouds outside and when it seemed to clear I busted out our stroller and decided to go on a walk in search of inspiration. I wasn't looking for the type of inspiration that one might need if they were trying to make a piece of art, but rather I was in search of beauty and things that would make me happy.
As I started to walk and pick up my pace I listened carefully to all the beautiful birds calling out. If I haven't said this before, I should mention it, our specific area in Hamilton (right along the escarpment) is actually a world biosphere for all kinds of creatures. There are so many birds here in this region....I will surely miss them when we move. I also listened to the wind blowing in the trees. Oh how these sounds were such a welcome change from all the crying that took place earlier that morning in our home.
Then as I walked I just kept my eyes open for anything that might stand out to me. These are the beautiful things that I saw....
- a couple's initials carved into the concrete, a permanent memory of their relationship. I wonder if they are still together.
- some gorgeous plump dew dropped roses. So vibrant and lush.
- some birds on a wire....just like the name of my blog :o)
- my planters that I filled back in May....they are looking full and cheerful.
- and the most amazing find....a cherry tree on someone's front lawn with ripe cherries, which I helped myself to. I have never seen a cherry tree. Again it's the region, it's known as Ontario's fruitland.
And so my little ploy to find happiness worked. I find that more often than not, taking a walk helps me get out of a bad mood or helps me clear my mind. It must be something about the fresh air and the change of environment.
I'm hoping that today will be a better one on my end and that your day goes fabulously for you.
Happy trails dear friends.