Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

balancing act

 I used to come here to this space almost daily. In those early days of motherhood, I remember feeling a sense of accomplishment and pride, when I would write a blog post, "sharing" what we did all day, my babies and I. 
Blogging was how I "found" many of my friends, when I was at home with young babies, and then isolated in the far remote North. I remember reading posts of bloggers from all over the world, and some of them became real life friends, while others became virtual friends. 
Blogging was a way for me to connect, to archive, to document. It was a way to collaborate. This was all before smart phones and social media. All before we could snap a pic and instantly upload it to see who was liking and following us. Blogging was a digital diary, and it was slow, meaningful and took it thought.
It's been months since I've come to this space. The truth is, is that I have been so incredibly busy with a new school program, that I really don't have much time for slow personal writing. 
Nowadays I spend much of my days at the computer, taking 4 hrs of online classes a day, and then writing essays and assignments. I often fall asleep exhausted and the last thing I truthfully want to do, is to get back on a computer to write or edit photos. That is why it has been quiet here. 
Right now, life is a balancing act and I am the person holding it all together. Somedays it feels overwhelming, but I know that this is important, and I am getting one step closer to my goal of becoming an ECE (Early Childhood Educator). This time next year, I will be finished my program and I'll be able to begin this career.  A career that feels like an extension of being a mother, if I am being honest. Maybe that is why I wanted to follow this path- because my babies are growing up and I am not ready to say goodbye to the early years. 
And so here we are, at the end of very crazy and strange year. For the world it's been hard, for personal reasons, its been hard too. It's the end of a tough year and truthfully, I'm exhausted. This is usually the time of year where I search for a "word" to help guide me through the coming year. I'm feeling pulled towards the word FAITH, faith has lead me through some tough time this year. Faith is also something I am continuously cultivating. 
I will sign off with some images from the last 3 months. I'll try not to go overboard. 
Here's to a happy and healthy New Year. 








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!