Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Katia's Harry Potter Birthday Party





















Phew! I feel like I am JUST catching my breath, after this very involved and detailed party that we had for our girl. Katia decided a few weeks ago, after attending the annual Berwick Library Harry Potter party, that she would like her birthday party to be a H.P. Party as well. So right away I got to work!
To begin with, each child walked through our platform 9 3/4 brick wall, to enter into Harry's Land. In the living room, I had created the illusion of letters coming out of the fire place. I used some old stationary I had lying around and fishing line.
Upon entering the living room, each child was sorted into their houses. We had a sorting hat, and our Harry (Noah) reached into a basket to award each child their house patch (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slitherin).
We then went into the Great Hall (with floating candles- thanks IKEA), to make our wands. We used wooden chopsticks and twisted hot glue around them to look spindly. The kids painted them. We put the wands aside to dry and moved onto our potions class (crushed bones, unicorn tears and lizard snot - baking soda, vinegar and green dish soap). They also decorated a paper bag, that would later be used for a scavenger hunt . All the kids enjoyed these simple activities.
After this, we took a break for butterbeer (yum!), snacks and cake!
 After the cake was our scavenger hunt. I had hidden 5 owls around the house that had scrolls at their feet (just used stuffies and some of my owl decorations). Each scroll had a visual clue to the next owl. The final owl led them to Honey Dukes, the candy shop! I had emptied our board game cupboard and put white lights inside. Each kid was allowed to fill a bag at the candy shop.

And that was the party! I gave the short abbreviated version here, but as you can see, it was a lot of work! As my friend Leanne said, "you can't half ass a Harry Potter party".
In the end, I'm glad I agreed to do this party. Over the years, I have learned to tone down my parties (I used to go crazy for every party and stress myself out while doing it), but for this one, I reverted to my old ways and went all out. I feel sentimental towards parties that involve children's books. I know that this time is fleeting and we wont have these years for much longer.

11 comments:

  1. The look on her face in front of her cake says it all :)
    But in case it doesn't: THAT LOOKS LIKE THE BEST PARTY EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats from me, Sarah N, by the way. oops.

      Delete
  2. These are super amazing Katia's Harry Potter Birthday Party. All of these details are stunning. The kiddos look really happy. It was a wonderful party style update for me and I would surely be using some of these inspirations for my son’s 6th birthday that we would be hosting at the rental LA venue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m usually to blogging and i actually appreciate your content. The article has genuinely peaks my interest. অসমীয়া ষ্টেটাছ | Assamese status | Assamese Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, i like your article specially your writing style keep it up i read your your all work.best telegram groups || telegram groups list || singapore telegram groups || telegram groups to join || telegram groups links

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

    Birthday Party for Girls Old Bridge

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!