Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

self care















Life. What a journey it is. What a series of mistakes, lessons, triumphs and failures it all is. 
Recently I was talking with my very old and dear friend, Liz. We don't talk often, but when we do, it's like no time has passed. I've known her since I was 10. 
I was telling her about how I have finally (after 7 years of motherhood), come to a point, where I see it absolutely necessary to take care of myself, so that I can be a better mom. 7 years it's taken me. Geeze. 
It's so simple,yet, for some reason I had been fighting it. I never once thought down of mamas who put their needs before their kids, but I just didn't see the value of it. Now I do. It's not selfish. It's friggen essential. 
If I don't eat well, I'm likely going to yell and be super hangry around my kids. If I don't sleep well, yup- cranky and grumpy. If I don't exercise, then I'm tired and have low energy. These are the physical needs. But I am also seeing a very important need to nurture my spiritual side too. Walking, meditating, journalling my gratitudes, breathing, yoga. These are the outlets that allow me to identify and acknowledge my feelings. 

...
Small Steps ~
...

I find it so helpful at the end of the day to look at where things went right and/or wrong, to see what I can do to improve it, and then to let it go. 
I also have been trying to take a few quiet moments before my feet hit the floor, to set some intentions for the day. Things like, practice love to myself and my family. Practice patience. Or, just breathe. It's a practice and something that I am always going to be working on, but it feels nice to have the tools to help myself. 

Happy LOVE month. May we all remember to love ourselves, so that we have enough love to give to others. 





2 comments:

  1. Phenomenal pictures, really. And you know i love the message. Amen to all the self care/yoga/breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading your post!!! Very nice pictures full of so much fun!!! Have a great week full of love and happiness:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!