Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 14, 2016

speeding by









You know that catch phrase, "I don't want to adult today?"... it so applies to us right now.
After a month straight of being sick with pneumonia in our household (Noah, Katia, myself and Wesley), I some days, just wish I could have someone swoop in and take over all the adult things that we have to do.
Just yesterday, Winslow and I were trying so hard to get in a conversation. Que the crying baby, the little one who wants to tell us about something, and then I stepped backwards and stepped on a Thomas the train. I cursed  and looked at Winslow, and thankfully he grabbed me and gave me a big hug. Right there, I asked him if we could run away, just him and I. I was joking, well kind of.
It's hard right now. I'll say that. It's busy, it's tight, it's hard to not have the extra help... but we'll be ok. It's a season, and seasons come and go, as we all know. Right now is hard, but I have to remind myself that my role at home is important and valuable.

...

Poor baby number three is the typical cliche. When Noah was a baby, I wrote monthly blog posts about his development and day to day life, Wesley is lucky if I've written one! I may not have the time to devote individual attention to him, but I know that he is just as happy and well developed as Noah was at this age.
While he doesn't get the monthly posts, I know that he is happy and surrounded by so much love everyday. Wesley's days are full of adventure and discovery. At 10 months, Wesley decided that it would be a good time to start walking. I suppose when you have older siblings and a dog to keep up with, it's only natural that you would want to move as fast as you can!
Some other things that Wesley loves are: music, clapping his hands, saying Dada (and sometimes Mama if he is really upset), going to storytime at the library, looking at the model trains at the library, and his dog Ryder. Some of his favourite foods include scrambled eggs, yoghurt, apple sauce, blueberries, spaghetti and chicken.
Our baby turns one next month, and I have all kinds of emotions regarding this milestone. In one way, I am excited to see how Wesley will continue to grow and change over time. On the other hand, I have a hard time in knowing that he is our last baby, and this is the last time I will be a mama to a baby. Regardless of the emotions, we will celebrate his day to the fullest and it will be a special day, all about him.

...

And so here we are, mid November and in the thick of our busy season. With two important birthdays on the horizon and Christmas just around the corner, I am really trying to take stock of what this season means to me, and also try to plan and organize where and when I can.
My mind is full... and it's almost overwhelming. I feel as though I really need to remind myself of what is most important right now, and let go of the other stuff.

...

And finally, a few photos of the children. I really wanted some Fall photos of the kids, and because of being sick, I kept pushing them back. Finally one day, I corralled them all together and just made it happen. They aren't my favourite photos, that's for sure. They feel forced and not natural (my main goal in photography these days is to make a natural portrait), but at the same time, I am happy to have a bit more of a "formal" portrait of the kids. If anything, these photos make me pause and say, when did they get so big?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!