Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

presently
























Right now, at this moment in time, I am full of optimism, peace and joy. It's a true gift, these feelings, and I am taking the opportunities to recognize and to be grateful for them.
We were given the news a few weeks ago about our impending transfer, which will take place this summer. Because the details are not 100% finalized, I am not going to disclose too much information just yet, but needless to say, I am excited and optimistic about the prospects. I will say this, it is where we had hoped and asked to go.
While the thought of new adventures, new beginnings and a fresh start in a new part of the country feels so good for my soul, I am also feeling deeply grounded in the present moment. Perhaps it is because I know that our life here in Beaver Creek, will soon be a memory, but at this moment, I am trying to really savour the moments and time that we have.
Today we spent a beautiful, glorious, warm and sunny day, out at Pickhandle Lake. With Noah's class, we attended the annual Muskrat Camp, where the local First Nations trap muskrat (for food and fur). Today there were no muskrat, but there was community, crafting, eating, laughing and plenty of fresh air. It was lovely.
It is memories like today, that make me want to take it all in. It's hitting me, that our time here in the Yukon is coming to an end, and if I actually stop to think about it, I feel a pain in my chest. The memories start flooding in. From our first year here in the Yukon, to the lonely and profound moments in this isolated community of ours, so much has happened over these past 5 years, and I have learned and have grown oh so much.  I want to remember this, to engrave it in my memory.
And so with these mixed emotions, I go on about my days. Some days, I am floating along, day dreaming about a new house (and what type of garden I will have). Other days, I am snapping photos and really am trying to be present, trying to archive my life here in Beaver Creek into my memory.

...

And finally, things that are making me happy:

~ the simplicity of banana chocolate chip muffins
~ a little boy who is beyond thrilled with himself for learning to sew!
~ yoga, with a dog at my feet
~ hot baths, chai tea, and an old back copy of my favourite magazine.
~ the smell of Burt's Bees baby bubble bath. I bought myself a bottle of it... for me!
~ painting, it feels so nice to pick up my brush and work on my latest projects.

xox





1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you that the transfer is to somewhere you want to be.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!