Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 7, 2014

two roads project



right now 

Johanna (left):
right now ... 

... I am missing the warmth, calmness, gentleness of Maui
... I am tired from days on end of travelling 
... I am excited to be here in Ottawa for a month. Excited to see my people. Sarah is one of them!

Sarah (right):
right now:
... I can't be bothered to get up and take a picture of something. Enjoy the grainy selfie!
... I am listening to four little girls in their rooms who don't want to succumb to sleep.
... I feel sore in my legs after repeatedly climbing the stairs while carrying one or two kids
... My brain is mush after a long day of answering questions, interpreting toddler-ese and reading Paperbag Princess 18283737 times
... I am really thirsty. When was the last time I drank from my water bottle?
... I am that sleepy kind of satisfied and blissful, knowing my day was full of good things: home cooking, floor playing, yoga, writing, colouring, walking outside and keeping our house organized
... I am excited to see a certain someone soon!

.....


The well-known poem by Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken ends, "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
Two women, who became friends via the magic of the Internet, were both living life on roads less traveled by. Circumstance had them both live in Whitehorse for a short time, where they became best friends. Life's map has them currently in differing geographic locations, but their connection and camaraderie continue as they continue on paths of motherhood, friendship, creativity and discovery. The Two Roads Project is our effort to reconnect with each other and our inner artists on a weekly basis, each Friday. (Or thereabouts. We don't always know which day of the week it is).
Sarah writes at Cure For Boredom.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the fantastic pictures (and vibes) coming Johanna!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!