Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween












It's just 3 days until Halloween, but in my heart I am fully ready to move on to the  Christmas season. Being so far North, we have a ton of snow outside, and I have been feeling in the mood for winter for quite some time. The cinnamon and clove oil have been being burned in my essential oil burner for weeks, and the 1940s station on our satellite radio has been on rotation for quite some time. I am ready to switch out our Autumn books for our Winter ones, because really it hasn't looked or felt like Autumn in weeks around here. On Nov. 1st, mark my words, or decorations will be coming down and a clean sweep will be made through the house as I prepare for the official start to the holiday season.
As you can see from the pictures of the kids playing in the snow, it just feels like winter. 
But before I put my witch's hat and broom stick away for the year, I still want the children to enjoy the next few days leading up to Halloween. It was such a joy to watch the children's faces, as I pulled out our Halloween boxes full of decorations. Some old, a few hand made... our living room has been looking festive and I know it makes the kids happy.
In the next few days, we will be doing a fun morning at playgroup, having a party at the school on Halloween night, and a movie night at the Community Club on Friday night. For our playgroup, I made 5 little pumpkin finger puppets to go with the rhyme 5 Little Pumpkins).
The rhyme goes like this...

5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said, "Oh my it's getting late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run."
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun."
Ooooooooooo-oooooooo went the wind
And OUT (clap loudly) went the lights.
And 5 little pumpkins rolled out of site.

Have a very happy and spooooooky Halloween! See you in November when we can settle in with Christmas movies and books, warm cups of hot chocolate and Christmas crafting (I'm planing already what we are going to make!).
xox




1 comment:

Oh goody....I love comments!