Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

just what the doctor ordered








To say that I was excited would've been an understatement. Sarah warned me that if I showed an ounce more of excitement that she might have to commit me, it was that obvious.
This trip had been in the back of my mind for over a year. I remember hearing or reading somewhere last year that a local mom here in Whitehorse had the tradition of going to a lovely inn for the night before Mother's Day. She would book a room, do her nails, have a nice dinner, a nice bath and basically give herself a little one night retreat, as her Mother's Day gift to herself. The next day her family would come and meet her at the inn for breakfast. As soon as I heard of that idea, I decided that in a year's time (when Katia would be older and weaned) that I would plan something along those lines too.
When I mentioned my idea to some girl friends, the idea was well liked. We planned out our night away and agreed that it would be fun to take off to Skagway for a night. We all okayed it with our hubbies, made sure that they understood that the children would NOT be coming with us, and we eagerly planned our trip away.
I won't go into all the details of our trip because much like the saying goes, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I'd like to say the same thing for Skagway. Okay, so we didn't do shots of tequila and do embarrassing things, but we did have a very special time that was in a way "just for us", sometimes those things are just better left to be kept in our memories.
What can be said was that it was a relaxing day and night away from our everyday responsibilities. No one to cook for, no one to clean for, no one to take care of, we just took care of ourselves- and how often do we do that ladies?
Lunches overlooking the water, dinners that were enjoyed- we actually lingered over glasses of wine!, in hotel room pedicures, and lots of very good talks.
Thanks girls for the weekend that I so badly needed. I know we all needed it.
xox
ps. cupcake wine is very tasty indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!