Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 1, 2013

a teddy bear's tea party




 (our guests don't mind if the house is untidy)

 (Winslow gave me Mr. and Mrs. Teddy Bear for Valentine's Day a few years back)








The other day while catching up on my favourite blogs, I came across this post by the famous Kelle Hampton. What I took away from it was how in our children's eyes, even the most normal of activities can be turned into some extraordinary just by adding on to it a bit. A lunch becomes a picnic when you lay a blanket on the floor and eat there. A trip to the park becomes so much more fun when you bring along a thermos of hot chocolate to have there. I still to this day remember when my mom gave me a winter's picnic on a melty March day. She gave me a thermos of Campbells chicken noodle soup and I sat in my sled just outside of the back door. I still remember it so vividly. The drip drip drip of the icicles ....
Today we pulled out our toy china tea set, invited our Mr. and Mrs. Teddy Bear, plus cat (of course) to a tea time (snack time) picnic. As you can tell from the pictures, it was a hit. Oh, and I gained a few extra moments to drink my coffee.
Happy weekend!
xox


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tea party! And what beautiful children!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!