Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

it came and went



 birthday breakfast- she had more than this...this was just for show ;O) 


 loving her birthday gifts



eating some of her mama's chili - she loved it!

I thought I would be a real mess come November 28th. The thought of my baby turing one, had me teary eyed leading up to the day, but then it came and went, without a tear... and I'm happy about it.
For me, each birthday, each child, and the way I react to them are always going to be different.
For Noah, he is my first and when we come to a new birthday, it always feels scary for me. Noah is the kid where we always step into the unknown. When he turned three, we never knew what it was like to have a three year old, so yes, it was scary and new and bitter sweet for me.
With Katia turning one, I know what to expect. I know what having a one year old feels like and I am excited to see her continue to grow and learn and change. Sure I will miss her babyness, it seemed to go by so much quicker this time around. But I am also aware that the best is yet to come and that I can't hold onto the past. I just have the now and I need to enjoy it, every step of the way, just as I already did in her first year.
So here is to my big 1 year old girl. Oh how you make us smile Katia. I just love how you bring us so much joy and happiness. Hugs and kisses to you my big girl.
xox

asleep after her birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!