Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas continues








I'm so happy that we were able to draw out Christmas this year and really enjoy it (even a few days after the 25th). Winslow had to work on the 24, 25 and 26th, and even though we got to spend time together, we didn't get to have those lazy days of not having any plans. So on the 28th we decided to have a real Christmas dinner with all the fixings, in our home, just us.
The nice thing about this was that the pressure to clean the house (bathrooms, floors, toys ect) was off and we were even able to sneak a pre-turkey walk into our afternoon. It was quiet, easy and delicious.
Don't ask me how, but some how and quite easily, I was able to make the turkey, stuffing, turnip, squash, potatoes, green beens, gravy and an apple pie so easily and quickly. Winslow and I both looked at each other at dinnertime and asked each other "how did I/you do all this?"... I think that it had something to do with the fact that we didn't have to clean and that he watched the children while I cooked. It was so nice in fact that I remembered that I actually like to cook! I used to love to cook but over the years have found it stressful and sometimes mundane.
So here we are at our Christmas dinner on the 28th! I think this may just become a tradition of ours.
ps. the turkey looks bigger than Katia!
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!