Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 23, 2012

little bits





Yesterdayy was a busy day around here. The morning was full of visiting friends and their babies. It was a lovely opportunity to see friends who I haven't seen in a long time. It was a full morning for us, with getting the house ready for guests, making the food and then having 5 toddlers take hold of the house. Food, coffee, chatting, laughing, noise, babies ... a lovely and busy morning.
And as much as I love having the house full of friends and their little ones, it's also nice to find some time to myself. In afternoon I went for a nice walk and pushed Noah along in his chariot stroller. We hit the trails behind our house and discovered the most beautiful rushing brook with a sweet little foot bridge over it. When we found the brook, Noah jumped out of his chariot and we just stood there together for a good long time, listening to the sounds of the rushing water and nothing else. It felt meditative as we stood there, eyes transfixed on the rushing water. It made me feel so thankful that we live in such a beautiful beautiful part of the world. I never take for granted that I am able to take just a few steps from my house and find myself immersed in the most beautiful landscapes.
Back at home in the late afternoon/evening, we found ourselves hanging out in our bedrooms, watching Katia try new things (like rolling over), goofing off and being silly. For dinner we had a simple meal of homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade bread. It was the end to a really nice day.
This weekend is our last weekend in Whitehorse for a good long while. We are heading out next Wednesday for a trip down South. First we will start off in Vancouver and Seattle, and then from Vancouver we will fly to Ottawa (and area) for a good 4 week visit. I'm getting so so so excited to go back to Ottawa and to see our family, to see all our nephews and niece, to meet my newest niece (sister in law's baby due in April) and to show off Katia (and Noah too) to all everyone. We haven't seen our family in nearly 6 months, so this is a much anticipated visit. I'm not gonna lie, I'm also very excited to feel some of these warmer temps that everyone is bragging about.
Hope you have a great weekend!
xox

2 comments:

Oh goody....I love comments!