Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

a little bit of Noah





I've been meaning to get around to doing a post on Noah lately and then was reminded to do so when my good friend Sarah posted one on her daughter Abby today.
Like Sarah said, this post is mostly for me, so that I can look back on it someday. It amazes me when I look back through the archives here in my blog. I am so so thankful that I took the time to write so many posts when Noah was a baby, because I have such a hard time recollecting those memories now. I'll be sure to do many more posts for both Noah and Katia so that we can look back on them when they are older and remember these days.

So here we go with Noah's cute and funny characteristics and sayings:
  • He seems to think things will happen "tomorrow at 4 oclock". I have no idea where he got this from, but when I was pregnant with Katia we would ask him for fun, "when is baby sister coming?" and he always would say, "tomorrow at 4 oclock". Now he says that for everything and it's really cute.
  • He has been calling milk "nummy nyake" for months now. It all started when I would make him a homemade "kids latte" and call it yummy milky. He then started to call it "nummy nyake" and still calls it that. A "kids latte" for the record is really tasty. Warm up milk on the stove, add a pinch of cinnamon, a squeeze of honey and a drop of vanilla extract. Whisk it up and enjoy!
  • Another thing he says is "Mamma you doing?" or "Mamma you making?" or "Mamma you going?". Cute!
  • He says "3, 2, 1 .... blast off and the throws things across the room or jumps off of things"
  • He loves his cars (little dinky cars), his hockey stick, his fishing game, making castles with blocks, making forts, doing art, doing puzzles and going to the Geeemes Center (Games Center).
  • He still loves to be read to. He always wants more books at bedtime. I love all his different books and how he takes interest in what the books are about. He loves his Mounties book, any book with hockey in it, the Little Blue Truck series books, Little Critters books and more.
  • Favourite foods include: chicken soup, chicky (anything with chicken), pizza, smoothies, pancakes, rice, bananas, meatballs, salmon, milk, orange juice, goldfish crackers, chocolate and cookies.
  • He still needs his blankie and soosoo.
  • He is toilet training and is doing wonderful at it! We are so proud of him!
  • We are able to have conversations about things and he retains the information we talk about. He knows that the next holiday is Valentines Day and that we will be painting some hearts to give to our friends. He knows that his family (minus Nana from PEI) lives in Ottawa and that we have to take a plane to get there. He remembers that he lives in Whitehorse.
  • He loves to spend time with his Dada doing things like tobogganing, running errands and going to the Games Center.
  • He loves Katia and often asks where she is or if he can see her, hold her. I sometimes catch him holding her hand when we are all snuggling in bed.

4 comments:

  1. This was such a wonderful post, I really enjoyed reading it! I personally love these updates that Mommys do. I think it's so much fun to watch these little people growing up and I am always curious about the things little people say and do.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet- love this:). I also love the mommy updates. I've been meaning to post more on Ben for exactly the same reasons- to be able to look back with him and remember things as they are now. One of my New Years resolutions is to post more:). Noah is a cutie- and he sounds like such a little ham. xox to you and your sweet family:), B

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!