Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 13, 2012

late night ramblings

me and my little night owl who decided to join the party

Ah it's the lovely time of 3:30 am. Isn't it ironic that even though I am an exhausted mom of two, I am the one wide awake while everyone else is sleeping? Where is the fairness in that?
So some late night thoughts.
  1. I have been spending less and less time online and am loving it. Facebook was becoming a bit of a black hole for me and since realizing how much time I was giving to it and not to my real actual life, I have been much happier. Less Facebook and more real face time I say!
  2. I have been craving the city. It's the middle of January and all I want is to walk around a city and go eat in a funky restaurant. To wander through little shops in a Chinatown. To buy some new clothes. To go second hand shopping at some decent thrift shops. To go to a big art gallery. (Vancouver would be nice).
  3. I am missing my friends and family (back home) a lot these days. I would just love to be able to go out on a mommydate with my best friend and her baby Henri or to spend an afternoon with my sisters and their kiddos.
  4. I wish I had more time in the day to do things. I know this is a sentiment shared by many...but I wish I had more time for making art, doing crafts with Noah, and staying on top of the house cleaning.
  5. A recent revelation: homemade bread is tastier, cheaper and more healthy than store bought bread. It's also very easy to make if you have a bread maker.
  6. Being a mama for a second time is much easier and more enjoyable than it was the first time. No second guessing my mama instincts this time. I just go with the flow and am taking the time to enjoy Katia and all her babyness. This is all true except for when they are both crying at the same time and both want me. It sucks when I have to make the decision of who gets me and who has to wait. I dislike that part.
  7. Going to bed at 8:30 pm is not a good idea for me because then I am up for hours in the middle of the night.
And with that I am going to sign off and attempt to get a few more hours of sleep before the day officially starts. Wish me luck. Good night, good day. Happy Friday.
xox

3 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to sneak in some more sleep, mama <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except. Hope you get some sleep soon. Also glad to hear motherhood s more enjoyable the second time around. Gives me hope if we go down that path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops...that's what I get for writing at 3 am!

      Delete

Oh goody....I love comments!