Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 18, 2011

a little bit of this and that







We have just one week left here in Ottawa and then next Monday we'll be heading back to our home in the great white North, although I hope it's not white there yet!
Our time here has been full of fun and quality time spent with family and friends. I've been making sure to tick things off my list of things I want to do, see and accomplish.
This past weekend was full of wonderful things, like going out for coffee with an old friend, going for a walk in the Gatineau Park, having ice cream at one of the best ice cream places in Ottawa (I had blood orange sorbet and chai gingersnap ice cream), going out for Thai food for dinner and seeing some live music. We got to spend much of our time with both our families and have been so lucky to have Winslow's family watch Noah so that we can have some dates.
This next week will go by fast and there are still things we want to do and people to see.
My dearest and oldest best friend in the whole wide world is in labour as I write this and I'm very much looking forward to having some time with her and the new baby. I'm so thrilled that I get to be here for the birth and that I will get to meet my little niece or nephew this week!
I'm also looking forward to spending as much time as I can with my sister and sweetie pies. I miss my niece and nephew so much when I am away and so it's always important to get in as much time as I can with them when we are here. I also still need to do some shopping (tough I know ;o) but as I've said before, we don't have much selection up North, so we need to stock up now. I also want to go to a big movie theatre for another date with Winslow and to eat out at an Indian restaurant.
And so it's pretty obvious I guess, that this next week is going to be full of fun and excitement. A new baby, time with family, some more retail therapy and my 30th birthday. I want to savour it all and soak it all in. Walks downtown through the market, coffees at little coffee shops, and visits with friends. I'll be back soon with more pics.
xox

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time....enjoy all that family loving....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll miss you for your big birthday! I'm glad to see you guys have been out on some dates and had your hike in Gatineau park. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your trip is almost over. Enjoy your last week there with family and friends, and have a wonderful 30th. Happy Birthday, Jo! xo

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!