Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the good and the bad

It's interesting how a few bad days can make a week turn so sour, and just as you feel that you are in the depths of despair (a lil' Anne of G.G. for you) things start to look up and you feel like all is well with the world again. Well, maybe this doesn't apply to you, but this is so me...so classically me. I like how my friends here know that about me already and just give me permission to be that way, knowing that it won't last forever and that I'll be back to my old self soon enough.
So after a few bad days last week, these past few days have been just what I've needed to get out of that funk. Winslow has been home (he works 4 on 4 off) and having him here to help out with Noah has made such a big difference. My back has been hurting me a lot lately, and having to chase Noah around, lift him into the car, the stroller or the swing set always adds to the pain. It's been great having Winslow here to do those little things for me and I even got to sleep in this morning. Bliss.
Last night Winslow and I watched a movie together and ate yummy snacks. Too bad I picked such a depressing movie. It was excellent but very sad. It was Biutiful, with Javier Bardem (who I have a crush on btw). Don't see it unless you are in the mood for a dark and depressing movie. I certainly wasn't and basically cried through the whole thing. But the idea of Winslow and I watching a movie together was nice. Maybe we'll try it again but with a lighter movie.
Then today I had an amazing photo session with a family that is visiting from Vancouver. They are the good friends of our friends Leanne and Jeff, who will be getting married this coming Saturday and have come up for the wedding. It was such a relaxed and easy session where their sweet little girl Clara just smiled away for all the pictures. Once I get them edited I'll be sure to share a few.
A few other things have gone my way recently, like the sudden burst of energy and inspiration I've have had to clean the house and a random good hair day today. It the little things that we need to celebrate, no?
So a few bad days happened and then some good ones came along too. I guess that's the way life goes right? Ebb and flow, coming and going, good and bad, and it's all part of life right?
Hope you are all well dear friends.
xox

3 comments:

  1. Happy your sad mood has passed....maybe you picked up a little bad energy around and now ....poof...it's gone and good has settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are lookin' up!
    You should watch 'Its Complicated' with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin for a feel-good time. It's very funny and there are so many things to swoon over, like her home and her bakery! :)
    I love this photograph of you, by the way. You look so comfy and happy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, Jo. It's the little things. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!