Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, August 15, 2011

fall is in the air






Today fall was in the air, actually it has been for a few weeks now. It feels as though our summer is over.
I met my friend Sarah at the park this morning so that our little ones could run and play. When I arrived, Sarah had a blanket covering her lap, she was chilled. I had a chai tea latte in hand, it should've been a pumpkin spice latte but they aren't out yet. Apparently the executives at Starbucks down South don't understand that our leaves are already beginning to turn colour and that our nights are dipping down to 5C sometimes.
The rest of the day was windy, grey and chilly. I popped out for about an hour in the afternoon to do a Tiny Light Foundation photo shoot with a sweet family. To find out more about this organization that I joined, click on the title. I then came home and puttered around the house feeling tired and in need of a nap.
It's beginning to look and feel less and less like summer. To be truthful, as much as I always look forward to fall, I'm not quite ready for summer to be over. We didn't have enough time with summer. It was very short here in the Yukon this year, with only a week or two or hot hot days. I yearn to feel the sun and heat just once more before the cold of the North sets in.
If it were to warm up for a few more days, I'd vow to eat outside on our patio a few more times and to go for a few more picnics at the lake. I'd wear skirts more often and sleep with the windows open at night. I'd spend all our extra time outside; at the park, down by the river and and walking around town. But alas, the skirts are being packed up and the warm sweaters are coming out. The extra blankets have been put on our bed and warm pjs are replacing the lighter sleepwear that we had been wearing. We are moving towards warmer foods, fresh baked muffins and hot drinks in the morning. It's nice to feel fall, and I love it so very much, I just wish we had one last hurrah with summer before it leaves us for good.
In other news, I have been busy getting things ready for Noey's 2nd birthday. I am very excited for it and am hoping for good weather so that we can do the party outside.
Happy day to you my friends.
xox

3 comments:

  1. Fall IS in the air....feels like summer is gone here too..in fact... i have on my george winston AUTUMN music right now...

    happy to stop by today, my friend

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is in the air and I love it!! Your photos are so soothing and refreshing!!!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I were talking about this the other day. We both love fall, love it! But it is much harder to look forward to than spring. With winter always following close on Fall's heels, it feels as if it is rushed. I am sure that is much more for you even than me. I feel that our summers are a bit too short, but yours are even more so. I do love an extra blanket on the bed though and chai sounds so good!
    Hope all the preparations go well for the party! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!