above photo taken at 11:15 pm on June 22nd
June 21st, Summer Solstice came and went in one long day. My family and I were driving back from an over night trip to Dawson City, so we missed my good friend Sarah's annual Summer Solstice BBQ. I was sad about that.
Summer is in full swing here and although the days are long and we are making the most of them, I can't help but feel a bit sad that from now on out, our days will slowly get shorter and shorter. I'm feeling this pull, a shift of some sort, almost as though I can feel a subtle and inevitable change. It's a quiet and slow change but none the less, a shift in the season...already?
It is 12:20 am right now and I'm looking out my window at a sky that is getting darker. Yesterday it was brighter at this time and the day before that even brighter. Its amazing how fast time is going, in all senses I mean.
I wanted to make a summer to-do list long ago but somehow with all the busyness of life, summer just seemed to start and I just seemed to jump right into it. So my list is as follows, but it must be known, many of these things can already be ticked off my list.
I guess I'll just have to continue to add to it as the days go along....
- to start and grow a garden
- to eat veggies and herbs from our garden
- to go on plenty of lake side picnics
- to spend as much time as we can outside
- to eat dinner outside on our back deck
- to do a photo challenge ( I am still working on this and will update my photos here soon)
- to make art as often as I can. To paint, sketch, and sew.
- to take photos for fun, not only for business
- to make sun-tea like my friend Sarah does
- to wear more jewelry
- to be better at keeping my toenails polished
- to enjoy the summer produce...salads, veggies and dips, fresh fruit
- to organize my craft space
- to have a garage sale
- to have more bon fires
- to make some pies with summer fruit
- to take my little guy on the town trolley
- to swim at least once in a lake...the lakes are cold here!
- to make some preserves. Jams, jellies and pickles I hope!
I'd love to know what is on your list? xox