Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

seattle, seafood and starbucks
















Hiho from beautiful (rainy) British Columbia. Yes it's true- we (Winslow, Noah and I) escaped the great white North and are down in the Vancouver area for a few days doing the tourist thing. You know, shopping, walking around, going on day trips...it's been wonderful to be on a real vacation, just lovely.
Today we went to Seattle for the day, which I still can't believe we did. You see, I grew up in the Eastern part of Canada, and doing things like day trips to Seattle just weren't exactly part of the norm, but since we are here in Vancouver I just couldn't imagine passing up the opportunity to drive South and do a bit of touring of the famous town. Of course we could've stayed much much longer and done much much more, but I'm happy with what we did see and do...and here are a few highlights from our day:
  • Pike Place Market! What a beautiful and colourful place, full of lively characters, neat shops and delicious looking seafood.
  • Seafood! I had a fantastic lunch of crab cakes, thin french fries and buttery kale (oh and a tasty glass of riesling). Winslow had fried oysters and they were fantastic too.
  • Antiques! We went window shopping at a fantastic antique shop. Of course I don;t have room in my suitcase for everything, so I restrained myself and just looked. But it was beautiful eye candy I tell ya.
  • Sushi!!! Sushi for dinner- you can't go wrong! And they came floating by our table on this very cute little conveyor belt type thing (I'm sure it had a name)
  • Visiting the very first ever Starbucks. It wasn't exactly a comfy sit down kind of place, it actually had no chairs but I think I had my best tasting Starbucks beverage ever! That barista definitely knew what she was doing. It was quite exciting for me.
  • Going shoe shopping for Noah. We bought him his first pair of hard sole shoes....Converse!
  • Target....I know...lame but for a Canadian girl who only gets to go once a year, Target is just so much fun for me.
And there you have it. Just a few of the things that we did while in Seattle for the day.
I'll leave you with a few pictures from our day. And in case you are wondering, yes, that is a wall covered in chewed up gum. Gross but kind of cool.
Tomorrow we are spending the day in Vancouver! It's all just so exciting!
And what;s up with it being December already. I'm so not ready for that yet.

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go! Your pictures and descriptions make me want to go even more but I also feel a bit like I was with you! So glad you are enjoying your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an awesome day! glad you are having fun (and eating lots of good food)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Seattle, but those picture look so familiar! The gum wall cracks me up. And glad you got your Target trip in. Not sure how I would live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your time in Vancouver! I love Seattle. I can't believe the chewing gum wall is still there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seattle and I think you would also love Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The market is great, isn't it? I could've spent hours there snapping pics. The seafood is super fresh too...duh, Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!