Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, October 8, 2010

happy autumn happy thanksgiving!


This weekend us folks up here in Canada will be celebrating Thanksgiving and I think that it has to be one of my most favourite holidays of all. The reason why is quite simple...because we get to come together for no other reason than to count our blessings and be thankful for what we have. It's not about gifts, it's not about fancy parties, or cards and flowers...it's simply about showing gratitude and I love the simplicity of that.
This Thanksgiving is going to be a bit different from others, this year will won't be with our family and we won't be going back home. And I'm not sure if it is because this holiday is fast approaching but for some reason I have been terribly homesick this past week. I miss my family, I miss my friends and I miss Ottawa in the fall....such a beautiful place to be in the fall.
So this year will be different, but there are some exciting things to look forward to also, like a dinner on Sunday at our friend Leanne's house (who I have now adopted as my surrogate family) and then on Tuesday a dream of mine will come true.
On Tues Winslow, Noah and I plus our good friends (Sarah and family) will be going up to a cabin that is apparently situated in the most picturesque location ever. Imagine snow capped mountains, a crystal clear and still lake, trees as far as the eye can see, I can't wait to show you all what our time there was like. We are going to bring up everything (pre made at our houses) for a turkey dinner and I will attempt to make more pies without them falling upside down.
This has always been a dream of mine, to go up to a rustic cabin for Thanksgiving and I'm just thankful for the opportunity to be able to do this!
So that is what is coming up this weekend. I'm so excited to be able to stretch out a little bit more of Autumn. Autumn is after all my most favourite season of the year.
I hope that you have a beautiful weekend where ever you are dear friends. I have a few posts already planned that will roll out over the holiday weekend. I'll be back soon with stories and pictures of our time at Rainbow Lake.
Bye for now!
xox

6 comments:

  1. The cabin sounds great!

    Enjoy your first Yukon Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. Can't wait to see the pics. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. I love this time of year too. This weekend, we plan on taking a walk in a trail on the Escarpment, and I can't wait to see the fall colours in all their glory. Can't wait to see your photos from your trip to the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Thanksgiving so so so much -- having two dinners! One at a best friend's place and one with my mother :) Tomorrow we're off to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a happy Thanksgiving to you my dear! I was thinking of you yesterday while chatting with a Canadian friend at work. Your plan for Thanksgiving sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Have a great time at the cabin in the country....sounds wonderful. Looking forward to some beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!