Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

lost and found



Last weekend we had a garage sale and it was a lot of fun. Sadly, I didn't take any photos. I thought about it but we were so busy taking care of "customers", Noah and chatting with our neighbours that the opportunity just slipped by. Oh well.
While going through boxes that had never been opened from our move last summer, I found a few little trinkets that I had been holding onto for many years. One was a pair of turquoise asian silk slippers for a baby. I can't remember where or when I bought these but it's safe to say that I bought them at least 15 years ago. The one thing that I do remember about these slippers was thinking that I would save them for my daughter some day....hmmm I wonder if I'll ever have a girl to give these to? Anyways, they are still very pretty to look at and I like them just for the fact that they are so pretty and colourful.
The second thing that I found was my miniature Waldorf doll that I had bought with my friend Eugenia one day when we were window shopping in Montreal. For some reason we both allowed each other to buy a doll...not that we needed them for any specific reason, but just because we loved them and thought they were so sweet. I'm glad I found her. I had been looking for her.
Have you come across any lost or forgotten treasures lately?
For some reason I am in a bit of a nostalgic mood.
Hope you are having a lovely lovely day dear friends.
xox

2 comments:

  1. Oh Johanna, what beautiful treasures! You are so right about the colors in those sweet little slippers. And the doll is gorgeous. I think it is only natural to be feeling nostalgic right now with the impending move. With our recent trip back to visit family, the treasures I found were mostly memories. I loved being able to tell Henry stories about things that I did at my Grandma's house when I was little and good time we had with all of our relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little doll is so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!