A few weeks ago Cindy from hungrygirlporvida (a beautiful food blog by the way) passed along a little blog award to me and this is how it goes. I am to tell you, my friends, 7 seven things that you probably don't know about me. So here it goes:
1. I have lived in 7 different cities/towns in my life. I've lived in Ottawa, Saint John NB, Halifax, Montreal, Kingston ON, Perth ON and Hamilton ON. Soon I will be adding an 8th town to that list as we have accepted a transfer to move to the Yukon!
2. At one point I had 5 body piercings! My eyebrow, nose, lip (labrette), belly button and the cartilage in my upper ear!
3. At the age of 15 years I lived alone with my sisters. That's right, no parents. At 18 I lived in a house with a bunch of friends (that didn't last long).
4. I am extremely and I mean extremely terrified of bats. I blame my mother for that one. It's a long story.
5. My perfect job would involve teaching children's and adult art workshops and running a breakfast/lunch cafe by the sea. Art on the walls, home made food, home grown food, yummy lattes.
6. When I was 16 I could play the acoustic guitar pretty well. I'm sad that I let it go.....maybe it's time to start up again.
7. At one point in my life I would ONLY listen to hip hop. I have since opened my horizons but still love me some good old school.
8. I cannot for the life of me watch scary movies. They haunt my dreams and I stay up for weeks after watching them. I much prefer a sappy love story with a happy ending.
9. I have a very multicultural family. We have the following backgrounds in and amongst our family members: Irish, Italian, Filipino, Lebanese, Ecuadorian, Jamaican, First Nations, West Indian, African Canadian.....and I'm probably missing some.
10. My dream is to live in a cottage by the sea one day.
So that was fun! Now I have to pass on the torch to 7 bloggers. Please excuse me if you have already received this one (it's been making it's rounds). I'm asking:
Sweta at Besame Mucho
Caroline at Coeur de La
Vanessa at Flourish
Alexia at My Wicked Wicked Ways
Amanda at Project Simple Life
Kate at Scrapadivalicious
If anyone else wants to play along, please do so! A note for everyone-just drag and save the Kreativ Blogger award button above and include it in your post.
Have fun! xox