Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 24, 2009

a rainy day




Yesterday was cold and grey, and so it was a day for pumpkin muffins, a library trip and family snuggles. I have a confession to make...and my mom and friend Margaret would be upset to know this because they are librarians....I had lost my library card (a long time ago) and Winslow had never in his whole life owned a library card-gasp! But that all changed yesterday when we made a little family trip to the library and we each got ourselves a library card. And I scored! Two Martha Stewart entertaining books, a cook book, a book about how to live more "artfully", a "baby whisperer" book (which I already hate because it's making me feel insecure in what I've been doing all along), and a bunch of Country Living back issues. I also picked up The Duggars: 20 and Counting, mainly because I am very curious as to know what this huge family is all about and how on earth those parents do it. They do seem to have very traditional views on what a family should be, but I'm always open to learning about others.
Anyways check out what I got.
Oh and Winslow took out two DVDs, go figure.
Here's some snap shots of yesterday and a special one of Noah in his Old Navy knit one piece for Desiree.
Have a lovely weekend tout la monde!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, yay! They match ^_^
    Such a cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do it! Don't read the baby whisperer!! Ha ha ha...no seriously I felt the same way and when I finally stopped reading books is when I finally got him to sleep through the night. For reals. Let me know how the living artfully book goes! I can't wait to have a library again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I agree with Visible Voice... I stopped reading those books the day Rylan was born... went with my own instinct, or if I do read something, I always take with "a grain of salt"! I went to the library on Thursday with the boys and loved it! Good weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh! i have to admit that I love the Duggars, as old fashioned as they are, their kids are definitely going to grow up to be great and compassionate people.

    those muffins look great!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!