Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, February 21, 2009

More often


Okay, so it is nearly the end of February. Has anyone kept their New Year's resolutions? I for one don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I think that they end up being a huge disappointment when they are not kept. Instead, I create a list of things I would like to do more or less of. This way I don't have the pressure of trying to keep some unrealistic expectation, like for example, "I promise to exercise 5 times a week". No thank you. Too much pressure and too much of a let down when it doesn't happen.

So this year I did set a few goals for myself and here they are:

  • Be more creative. Make more ART. Possibly hold a show somwhere???
  • Be more active. Walk. Take a yoga class.
  • Do some volunteering.
So far I have worked towards two of these goals. The first two. I must work on the last one.

Today I got out my sketch book and decided to make something very colourful and bright. I set out my crayons, oil pastels, water colour paints, acrylic paints and glitter! I will try to do at least one drawing/art piece in my sketch book as often as I can (again, no time constraints or weekly set goals) and document it. I think this is realistic, don't you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!