Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, June 13, 2015

lakes, creeks, books and balance














These past few days have been a mix of summer living, strategic planning and nursing a nasty cold. 
Our summer plans are up in the air, our departure date is up in the air, I have a workshop in PEI that I must (and want to attend), it's all happening at once and I've been stressed just trying to figure it all out. 
I am trying to find balance, while life seems to be throwing curve balls and changes to our plans. 
I am reminding myself that there are things I can control, and things that I cannot. It will all come together. I repeat, it will all come together. 
Last week saw the school year come to an end, and with that, we witnessed our sweet little guy "graduate" from kindergarten. There was no big ceremony (I guess some schools do this), but the two graduates did receive certificates, nice cards  and a bag full of Yukon/Alaskan storybooks. 
Noah also received a certificate for his accomplishment in his Upper Tanana (language) class, as well as a citizenship award. Super proud of our sweet and smart cookie. Noah, you're moving on up! 
With an unexpected night off this past week, we decided to take off over the border and do some camping for one night in Alaska. We spent the night at a beautiful little lake called Moon Lake (isn't that romantic?), and we stayed nice and cozy inside our new camper. We were also fortunate to bump into our Alaskan friends, and had fun with them at the lake. 
Today was spent down by the creek with our little buddies from Beaver Creek. The creek is bone dry right now, which makes for fun rock collecting. My friend and I, enjoyed being able to wander off (don't worry, not too far), while the kids were completely engaged in building towers with rocks and sticks. There's nothing like letting nature take it's course, and letting children be at one with their surroundings. 
And finally, on our recent trips across the country (for our house hunting trip), I realized that I had no good books to read. I go through fazes in my life, where I can sometimes find the capacity to engage in reading, and other times where I simply cannot muster the concentration that it requires to follow along in a book. 
I chose these three books: Bringing Up Bebe, Hold On to Your Kids, and North of Normal, based upon some recommendations and some of my own research. I'll let you know how I do with my summer reading list. 
Off to read now. 
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh goody....I love comments!