Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 1, 2011

pregnancy update





It's been a while since I've done a proper pregnancy update. Maybe it's a sign of how busy life is with work (photography) and being a mama to a two year old. Life may be busy but I want to make the time to remember this pregnancy and to record it. After all my little girl may want to look back on these posts someday.
At this point, this pregnancy is starting to near the end. I am now 32 weeks along and am well into the 3rd trimester. My due date is November 27th and lately I've been feeling that she could very well come early. I don't know why I say that, it's just a feeling. I'd love for her to arrive early but at the same time I feel like I have so much to do before that can happen. I need to get her room and clothing in order, make freezer meals and also have a handle on Christmas before she comes. Some people may scuff at the notion of planning for Christmas this early, but if she arrives mid November I would like to have a good chunk of my Christmas crafting underway, as I imagine I won't have the time to do it after she comes along. I'm getting excited for her to arrive and very excited for our little family to expand to one more.
A little bit about our little girl and our plans for a VBAC. At this point we are almost 100% certain on her name, but I'm holding back on announcing it just in case we make a last minute change. We've had two ultrasounds with her, one at 8 weeks and one at 18 weeks. Both ultrasounds seemed normal and right on track, so we've been feeling pretty happy and content with that.
I went for an appointment with the obstetrician here in Whitehorse about a month ago and we discussed my desire to have a VBAC. He was on board with it and my primary doctor seems to think we should be fine as well. More importantly, I have Winslow on board with it and I know that he will do so well, just as he did last time, as my birth coach. We have also asked our friend Leanne, who is a trained doula, to join us when I am in labour. I'm feeling confident about the support we will have in the hospital and also about the support we will have from our friends and family.
I've been reading up on the subject of labour and have enjoyed the book, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, quite a bit. I've been thinking a lot about the type of labour and birth experience that I hope to have and have been trying to create a birth plan that involves room for my hopes and expectations, while still allowing for the idea that I don't have complete control over the whole experience. My obvious hopes are for a safe VBAC where I am able to labour at home (for as long as I can) but deliver in the hospital. I also am being realistic about my hopes and will be open to the idea of having any help that needs to take place, that's why I will be delivering in the hospital.
And so this wraps up my post on my pregnancy. I've been meaning to get all these ideas and feelings out in a post for a while, and I'm glad I found the time to do so. And just for the fun of it, I'm gonna fill out the little questionnaire that I've been filling out throughout this pregnancy. Here we go!

32 Week Update

:: How far along: 32 weeks and 1 day.

:: Total weight gain:
I haven't weighed myself in over a month...I'm seeing the doctor this week and will find out then.

:: How big is baby: 4 pounds and 17 inches

:: Maternity clothes:
jeans, cardigans, lots of cardigans and the sandals have been traded in for hiking boots ( I am back up North afterall)

:: Stretch marks: yes, unfortunately and lots of dry skin

:: Sleep: I've been going to bed really early and waking up early. I feel like an old lady.

:: Best moment this week: feeling all kinds of kicks from our little girl. The kicks are very strong and pronounced. I can see my tummy move and feel her shift around inside.

:: Food cravings: chocolate!!!!

:: Labour signs: None

:: Belly button: flat!

:: What I miss: the help I had from my in-laws when we were in Ontario. They helped so much with Noah and now it's back to my daily duties of taking care of Noah, cooking and cleaning.

:: What I'm looking forward to: when I finish up all my photography work and can then focus on decorating her room and getting all her clothes in order.

:: Milestone: we are getting closer and closer to our due date. It's really starting to set in that in less than 2 months we will have a family of 4! I get so excited just thinking about holding and cuddling and nursing a brand new little baby, our baby. I'm excited for new life in our household once again and for all those firsts that happen.

Hope you are all well dear friends. Thanks for your continued love, support and for sharing in this journey with me.
xox

8 comments:

  1. I loved Ina, too. You look great, Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so excited to meet her!! Rest up these last few weeks as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these updates! I am so glad things are on a good pathway. Yay for a family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful, so happy and excited! And I am so excited for you. Wow. Noah is going to be a big brother!
    Lots of love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo excited for you and your belly babe -- can't wait to meet this little one <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting that you are getting close to your due date! Mine feels so far away. I too plan to do lots of prep for Christmas, I'm not due til Feb 9th but figure I'll be so big by that point that it will be easier to do some in advance. If you have any good freezer meals, please share. I'd like to sticks some meals in our freezer for the later stages of pregnancy/ after the baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking great! Do you guys have a name picked out?

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!