Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 28, 2011

anniversary recap






Yesterday was exactly as I had hoped it would be. All I wanted for our anniversary was to be together and to do something special all three of us.
The day started out with some beautiful flowers and a delicious breakfast that Winslow and I made together. Eggs benny, bacon, fruit and yes....cheapo hashbrowns....sometimes you just gotta indulge in the bad stuff right? Fruit and juice and coffee. It was a nice and easy morning where I got to stay in my pjs and just relax.
After breakfast the boys (Winslow and Noah) both took a nap and I tidied up, packed up our bags for the pool, called some friends and did a little web surfing. When the boys woke up it was time to go on our little adventure.
Here in Whitehorse we are extremely lucky to live about 20 mins away from a natural hot spring pool and luckily it is a child friendly place where the whole family (even pregnant women) can go to enjoy. So we got in the car and headed for the Takhini Hot Springs where we enjoyed an afternoon of lounging and floating and relaxing, all three of us.
After our wonderful and relaxing afternoon in the pool we went back into town for an early dinner at a restaurant chain called Earle's. It is a nicer place where the food is delicious but it's still family friendly. We had a wonderful time digging into our food, while enjoying the fact that we were the only ones in the dining room, which meant we didn't have to "hush down" Noah. For an appetizer we all shared the dynamite rolls (tempura shrimp sushi) and then for meals I had a thin crust shrimp/pesto/sundried tomato pizza, Winslow had a big juicy burger with onion rings stacked on top and Noah had panko crusted chicken tenders. Yum! Oh and Noah and I shared a virgin daiquiri!
After dinner we went home to enjoy the Turtle's cheesecake that I made for Winslow for our anniversary (that was my gift to him). We all sat around the table, enjoying the time we had together and savoured each bite. Sadly at about 6:30, Winslow had to get himself ready to go to work for the night. Ah the life of a police family....sometimes I wish he could just stay home with us.
Our day was just as I hoped it would be. Full of family time, good food and an occasion to stop and think about all the things that we have accomplished together. I think that I have really come to appreciate what an anniversary is. Yes, it's the symbolism of the day that we got married, but it is also a reminder to me that I must never take my partner for granted and that marriages (as all relationships do) take work and effort to maintain. I'm glad that I am continuing to grow and learn about what my marriage really means to me. I am a lucky woman to have such a wonderful partner.
So that about sums up our day together. Thanks for all the sweet words you left for us on my post from yesterday.
xox

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading this post...looks like the PERFECT day !!!!

    happy anniversary, my friend

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    p.s. it was so nice to see you at farmhouse kitchen...you've been missed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day, filled with so many delicious moments!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!