At this moment I am on stand by to find out news about a friend's husband. He is missing after a boating accident. He was on duty and is a police officer. They are a wonderful couple with so much ahead of them....my heart aches for her right now.
I'm feeling overwhelmed and sad. I'm feeling a bit helpless and so very concerned for her.
In times like this, sometimes the best thing to do is to pray and be thankful for the wonderful blessings that are given to us.
And so right now I am counting my blessings. I am thankful for:
- My supportive loving husband. He is my best friend and the one who I am on this life journey with. Tonight I will hug him extra close.
- My beautiful baby. The one who brings a smile to my face. The one who has me worried when he is not feeling well. The one who has captured my heart.
- My family. Whether we are near or far, in touch often or not, I am thankful for having such wonderful, awesome, crazy people in my life. I like knowing that it from them that I got my craziness.
- My wonderful friends. I have some friends that I have know for a very long time. They are my true, thick or thin friends, the ones that know me inside and out. They accept me for who I am, as I do with them. Then, I have friends who I have made while here in Hamilton and they are the ones who have shown me that it is okay to open up to new people. Friends are the people that care about you. I'm so thankful for them.
- Life and the beauty around me. No matter how stressful life may get or no matter what may come my way, I hope that I will always be able be thankful for what I have and always see the beauty of the world. The trees, people, nature, animals, the blue sky, kindness between strangers, children laughing and playing.....I'm thankful for the beauty that surrounds me.