Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 11, 2010

a bbq, good friends and thoughts on leaving









It's a beautiful day here and it's been a beautiful weekend. We've been spending lots of time with our friends and family (who came to visit), and I am feeling thankful for the time we've been spending with them.
It's been a bit of an emotional couple of days for me. Yesterday our dear friends Allison and Danny held a goodbye bbq for us, and boy did it hit me. I just can't bear to say goodbye to all of our friends here. As much as I am happy and excited for the changes that are about to happen, I'm also sad that we are leaving. I'm feeling very "in between" about this all. Excited for the adventures, but sad to be leaving. It's just how it is.
But that is the beauty of life right? Living in the moment and embracing all the emotions that come with it. Enjoying every day and looking for the beauty in even the most challenging of circumstances.
I hope that wherever you are today, that you are enjoying today for today. I hope that the warmth of the summer (or winter for the "down under" readers) sun is shinning down on you. Happy weekend dear friends!
xox

p.s. Oh and we have a winner for the giveaway! Congrats to Kerry who will be wining the animal cookie cutters. Since discovering Kerry's blog a while back, I have enjoyed checking in on her daily and seeing what her and her family are up to. Yay for blog friends!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a wonderful weekend.
    It's been a good one for us here as well.
    I hope you don't find it weird that I am "blog tagging" you.
    I really enjoy your blog, I come here often and hope you have fun doing the "tag" post.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Claudia

    http://lilmuselily.com/2010/07/11/the-versatile-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Johanna, I know just how you feel about your move. We had one a few years back that was the same. So bittersweet. It was when Henry was about 16 months old. I still miss my baby group friends from that time and luckily, I am able to keep in touch with many of them. I am so glad you had such a beautiful weekend to celebrate with friends and family.

    And YAY! I'm so excited to have won the giveaway! It's been forever since we made cookies around here. I'm sure my kiddos will love those little animals! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, goodbyes can be so difficult. Its true though, how easily we can take our day to day lives for granted. I know that someday we'll live somewhere else, on a different military base, and we'll look back and miss our days here at this one. *sigh*

    Also, I love your shirt :)

    And Kerry, YOU LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you've had a very lovely weekend. So sorry we couldn't make it to the bbq.

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!