A few "vintage" summer pics from summers gone by.
Summer is just around the corner and I just can't seem to keep my mind from day dreaming about all the fun and inexpensive things that there are to do...
Here's my list. Feel free to add to the list in the comments.
01. go on a picnic to one of your favourite spots. bring a blanket or pretty table cloth and eat alfresco!
02. blow bubbles outside!
03. use side walk chalk and pretty up your driveway.
04. make homemade popcicles or frozen yoghurt popcicles.
05. go to the library take out magazines and/or a good summer book. veg out while reading them.
06. go for a walk after dinner with the whole family.
07. go to the library and take out a dvd. our library has tons of new releases.
08. host a potluck party. provide the bbq, ask your guests to do salads and desserts.
09. do a photo essay. come up with a specific topic like "colour" or "my neighbourhood" and then take some photos. better yet have your children do their own photo essay.
10. clean out your closets, donate your old items to charity or have a garage sale.
11. make a summer mix for your ipod or make a summer mix cd.
12. collect all your loose change and go out for ice cream with a friend.
13. string up some white twinkling lights outdoors. light candles and put them in empty jars. buy some sparklers (dollar store) and have a little evening outdoor party.
14. paint your toe nails an unexpected colour...turquoise, purple, green.
15. go to the beach, the lake, anywhere where there is sand and make a sand castle.
16. pick some flowers...bring them inside.
17. plant some veggies or herbs. if you don't have a garden, use planters.
18. make homemade iced coffee.
19. go camping to a near by camp ground. pitch a tent. build a campfire. sing songs. tell stories. roast marshmallows. star gaze.
20. find out when your town is hosting fireworks, bundle the family up and go watch.
21. fly a kite.
22. make something for yourself to wear. a new necklace or a pair of earrings.
23. when it gets really hot outside treat yourself to an hour or two of coolness by watching a big summer blockbuster at the local movie theatre.
24. go for a bike ride.
25. go to your local farmer's market and enjoy some local delicious food!